Friday, July 23, 2010

Challenged

A group of us girls went to Melaka yesterday - and we had a great time.  I have posted most of the pictures before so I am going to  post about my biggest challenge in Asia.

I am food challenged.  I guess I am a finicky eater - though I never thought I was before.  I don't care for curries, fish, or ginger... seafood causes my asthma to kick and I am severely allergic to coconut.  Are you beginning to see my problem with foods?  I live in Asia... lol...

For the reasons above, I am limited in what I can and want to eat; these were some of the choices I had in Melaka:





I passed up the rice balls...

The brown eggs didn't sound good to me...

Nor did I try the chicken feet - though I am told they are good and crunchy.

Now I did see a water monitor I was thinking about... 

But I passed on it too.

So now you know I am food challenged.  Finding food that appeals to me is... well... 

Sometimes difficult.

Of course there are good things to eat here, but, sometimes the choices cause me to raise my eyebrows and wonder... 

No comments: