Wednesday, July 28, 2010

2010 Youth Olympic Park - More Artwork

Laugh at me if you want, but I worried about having not posted all of the artwork.  If I was a child and some got posted and they left mine out, I might be devastated.  I am not going to be the one to break a child's spirit, so here are the rest.  I loved each and every bit of it; I did not pick which ones to display yesterday, just clicked the next in the row until I felt like there was enough.  So today, you get to see the rest of the artwork - all just as great as the ones I shared yesterday:








They had some black and white ones there too - I thought they were eye catching, very detailed and interesting:




Now didn't they all deserve to be shared?

They were all displayed on walls like this one:



These are flat on the sidewalk - again, all youth that has designed these.  If you look at the second one in each bunch, you will see the names and ages of the designer.  I tried to be sure we could see who designed each piece of artwork - even the ones above.  On these I had to take a closer picture for it to show up:













And this one was fun to take a picture of:


Hey, someone added another Olympic circle there... wonder who that was?


Maybe now that I have shared every piece of artwork I can rest.  Don't know why this annoyed me, but it did - I am sure I didn't want to break some kid's heart.  Wouldn't you be proud if your artwork had been made into a permanent fixture in the Youth Olympic Park?  I can see these 'kids' coming back in 10 years and taking pics next to their piece of art - the history already made.  Today, it has only just begun - the 2010 Youth Olympic Games are only a few weeks away now!

Comments would be great on  my blog  itself - I am sure if a family stumbled across their child's art, they would love to see what comments were made about their art or the park.  

Do you have a favorite?  

Did it make you smile?

Are you in awe of what children can accomplish?

I sure am!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I loved all the artwork, but especially the computer one as this is the way it is going. LOL Love you, Me