Friday, June 4, 2010

Diamond Head

We did get to see Diamond Head.  Today we walked the from our hotel to Waikiki, went on a drive around the island - beautiful of course - and went to a luau.  It is just as amazing as I thought it would be - and maybe a bit more.  I have had a wonderful time!

This is just a couple of pics I got of Diamond Head:



What is that massive black frame around my pictures for?  Ugh, too tired to fix it - sorry folks  :-(


We went up on the pass and saw the mountains - and froze our backsides off too! Who woulda ever thought I would freeze in Hawaii!  Someone shoulda told me!  It was also a bit windy:


That is my fragile ancient aunt getting swept away by the steady wind - this is not a wind gust!  lol.. and she isn't fragile - trust me  :-)  She is almost (I did say almost Aunt Con) as onery as my other aunt - but not quite.


I found an awesome friendly little bird who was trying to sweet talk me into something yummy.  Too bad I didn't have anything - but he let me take his picture anyway.
 


Scoped out a great snorkeling spot - can't wait to try it out next week.  Hopefully we won't be too warn out:



But I think lots of people have found it:



That is coral in the bottom of the water - not slime  :-)  I could see wonderful fish in it from where we were too!

The scenery is gorgeous here!  Can you tell?



You listening?  I have to tell you, I have a couple more Thailand posts set up and posting over the next couple of days, but I will not be here for at least a week.  On June 10th we are flying to California.  Until then I doubt I will be on as I am going to be hiking on a volcano day and night, snorkeling and having fun with my family.  Can't wait to see the rest of the crew.  I will stay a bit with my sister in Kona then go to Volcano and stay with my aunt on the Hilo side.  This oughta be fun.  She says she has a 'little cottage on the side of a volcano'.  I know her idea of a 'little' cottage and lives in the sticks...  Here I come Hilton!  :-)

Be waiting... you know I will have pictures, right?  

Are you lovin' them?  Is there any reason to share?  Let me know someone is out there, ok?

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful, Sis! I love your blog posts, so don't stop!

Cajunrose said...

LOVE the pics!! What a beautiful place. Now I must go :) LOL Aunt Jacque is looking great!