Monday, June 7, 2010

Cave 'Diving'

Not really cave diving, but after what we went through to get into them, it sure felt like it!  So we went through the tight cave and this is what we saw when we got to the center area.  I think I told you it was like a doughnut, round with the center hollowed out and the sun shining.  If I didn't I meant to, and I am now.  Once we got through that tight spot, we got to see daylight again!




We found a few little critters:




Some interesting rock formations:



and trees:



And us  :-)  


Cave diving was much different than I expected.  Once we go in a cave, we are usually in dark areas for the duration of the tour.  Not so with these caves...

Our tour guide was great!



And remember that little hole we had to go through to get in?  It wasn't so little any more:



The tide had gone out a bit and we could see more daylight:


And the guide?  He finally told us it wasn't deep at all - Steve waded out.  Stinker!


And that is the last of the Thailand pictures until I get back home folks.  

Today we are in Kona Hawaii and we went snorkeling.  I saw soooo many gorgeous fish!  Oh, and we saw a sea turtle too.  We will be going back - but tomorrow, we are off to my aunts house in Volcano National Park - touring... an active volcano!  Whoot!

Be back sooner - or later!


1 comment:

Cajunrose said...

Looks so beautiful!! Love the color of the water. That tour guide is sure up in dad's space huh? He looks thrilled..lol