Monday, May 10, 2010

The Mall Update

Yesterday in my update, I forgot to show you the mall. We had to go back over there the day after the fire, and thankfully Steve reminded me to take a picture.  Do you see the Kallang Ice World sign?   It as the Filmgarde sign under it that was on fire - you can see it has melted.  Now look below where the red arrow is.  That is the seam where the fire had gone behind the facade.  You could just barely see it, but thankfully the fire crew must have gotten it out. Steve had to go over there and let the firemen know that we could see it behind the facade.  Try 'splainin' that to someone who speaks mostly Chinese  :-(  It was mostly sign language, but Steve was pretty sure he got it because he started pouring water in that area.

Remember I said the cars kept entering the parking garage?  Take a look at the green arrow.  That black car is entering in this picture.  Do you see how close the cars came to the fire?   I am telling you, it was sparking, and melting right beside them - and probably some ON them.  Wasn't kidding was I?  And they kept on entering like it was not even on fire!

And finally, that is the restaurant under the yellow arrow.  The fire was literally melting stuff down the window beside them - but no one evacuated the place - they kept on eating! 



And only one fire truck showed up.  I know, it is not a big fire, but it had potential - and it was a mall full of people.  What a strange and different world we live in.  It doesn't look like it here, but it flared quite well for as little area as it burned.  I am so glad they indeed got the fire out.  Our mall was standing the next morning - and I was so glad to see it doing so.   We like our little mall. 

Anyway, now you can see what I was talking about.  Is it what you envisioned when I first told you?

Off to Arab Quarters today.  I know I can find something wonderful to bring back 'home' with me.  Gonna search it out; I gotta stay busy.  It keeps me from fretting on this side ache and dad is having his back surgery today.  Please keep him in your prayers - I am really worried about him.

If anyone wants to go to the furniture store  Taylor B's  (click on the name) we are meeting there on Thursday afternoon at 2-ish.  Let me know you are coming and I will look out for you.  The directions are in the post - oh, and someone added some in the comments (thanks!) so be sure and check that out as well.

Have a great day - or night - depending on what side of the world you are on.

1 comment:

Noelle Reese said...

Fires just don't bother some people I guess???
LOL