Friday, May 14, 2010

Land Transport Authority - Singapore

t


During our port tour on Wednesday, we went to the Land Transport Authority (LTA).  I have no idea what that has to do with the port other than transporting goods... but we learned about the roads and transportation system.  Singapore has great highways and back roads, and I knew that without going to the LTA.  It also has an amazing mass transit system.  But what does the subway have to do with ports?  What I did learn from that was very interesting though.

I am hoping you can enlarge these to read them:
 






And did you know this?




Gives a whole new meaning to Sunday drivers... lol...


So if you want to find out way more than most people want to know about the Singapore transportation system, go to the LTA.   Want to find out more online?


I also found out the ERP's collect more than one MILLION dollars a day!  I was telling a taxi driver about that and he said, "MORE!  One million per GANTRY!"  I don't believe that is what the lady said, but next time I go, I will be sure to ask her... lol...

All in all the port excursion was a great learning experience.  I had a great time as I hope everyone else did.  We learned a just a bit about the ports, but mostly, we learned about the transportation system.  It was still a great experience and it is so nice to spend it with a group of ladies I enjoy being with.  

I learn so much about Singapore every day...
You really must stay tuned for that.
Coming soon...

No comments: