Monday, May 10, 2010

Catching Up Again

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day - or you treated your mom or the mom of your kids with love and pampered them a bit yesterday.  I was indeed pampered.  Steve got me a beautiful bouquet of orchids:


Every time I get a bouquet of orchids, they take my breath away.  Aren't they pretty?  That is Steve's little nun pig right there next to them - to remind him he must be nice to his friends.  Not going into that story, but he is cute isn't he?  I don't think it is having any impact on how nice he is though... Kim?  Care to comment?  Lol...

Last night was Mother's Day Sunday and Steve decided to bbq for us.   Debbi, my neighbor and friend, was coming over to play Mahjong - and as most of you know we love to play games.  She brought a friend of hers, Keisha for our 4th player.  Mahjong is not the computer game of matching tiles; it is a much more complicated game with real tiles, but very fun and challenging!  Look here to read about it.  This is what the game looks like.  Oh, and Steve bought it in a beautiful case.  I love it!



I absolutely LOVE this game.  I hope when we come back to the states we can find someone to play with us.  Right now, for those of you that play, we are learning 'ordinary' but we plan on progressing soon.  Most Singaporeans are excited to learn we are playing 'their' game.  They play for money though - we play for fun.

Kimberly came over Sunday as well for a bbq fix, and she brought a beautiful cake for me for Mother's Day.  It is one you don't want to cut:


After admiring it for an entire day, we finally broke our resolve and cut it to eat it.  It was great!  Contrary to what it looks like, it is very light and airy.  It is also very rich - a little goes a long way.  I love deep chocolate - which is what that part of the frosting is.  YUM-MEE!

Take a look at the inside:  

Yes, it had sesame seeds in the filling.  It was exciting to finally try one of these beauties - I have always just admired them from afar.  Now, I feel so darned special!  Thank you so much Kimberly.  You are a special gal. 

And finally, I had my gastroscopy today and *gasp!* nothing came of it - of course.  They found a few polyps and some abrasions on my stomach and took biopsies of where I would have trouble if I did indeed have Celiac Disease, but he was a bit skeptical about that, so I doubt I have that trouble.  In the meantime he put me on Lyrica in case it is nerve problems, so we will give that a try.  Frustrated doesn't even begin to cover what I feel.  Oh well, I told Steve if I croak, please have them find out what this pain was before they bury me - at least HE will have an answer.  He didn't laugh.  I did - and now I am off that soap box.

One sad thing about my Mother's Day is that my box from our daughter did not arrive - even though she sent it 2 weeks ago.  Mail in Singapore is so iffy.  I still have not gotten our Anniversary card from my sister - she sent it March.  Nor have I gotten my birthday card from my mother-in-law from a year and a half ago. What gives?  I sure hope the box makes it, she has posted on Facebook that it has not arrived and all the comments make me wish it did.  Must be very special.  Singapore, please let me have my box!  :-)

Thanks everyone for such a special Mother's Day.  It was wonderful spending it with friends and playing games.  Steve, thank you for making more of the BBQ sauce.  It is absolutely amazing!  I am so blessed to have had a wonderful day shared with loved ones.  Thanks again for being a part of my life.

2 comments:

Noelle Reese said...

Well dangit! I was hoping for an answer! That cake looks yummy!
I hope your box arrives today!

Unknown said...

i love orchids...

nice gifts! somebody was a good girl!! hehehe

kisses! =)