Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Offshore Rig Explosion

I have not posted anything as I have been too busy trying to get updated news on the Transocean Deepwater Horizon explosion in the Gulf of Mexico.  Having lived in deep south Louisiana for 32 years, and hubby having worked in the industry for so long, there is certainly someone we know on it.  Most of the time we have no idea what rig our friends are on, so we don't know who we knew on it - but there is a high likelihood that we did know someone.  I have tried to account for all the close friends; my son-in-law and a couple of friend's hubby's, but you just never know...  It hits so close to home.  Heck, hubby had a unit on the sister ship to this rig, but no longer does.  Working in the offshore industry, everyone knows everyone.  This stinks.

Anyway, I am waiting for a name list to come out, waiting for word they have found the missing people and well... just waiting for good news.  I hope we get some soon.  Saying prayers for everyone out there, all the rescuers, and everyone who loves someone involved.  

Be back soon.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sis, I am praying here. Love you.

Unknown said...

eyy!! i found you! =D

i don't know why i can not find you on flickr... mine is

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thelworld

hugs!! hope to meet again soon! ;)

oh and great photo work! awesome!!