Monday, April 12, 2010

Just For Today - A Poem for Me


My dear blog.  How I look forward to updating you every day.  However, there are just some days, I don't feel like talking the talk.  

So I wrote a poem for me today, a bit of my life I will send your way.

Just For Today

I love living in Singapore - this part is true
But if I had a choice, I would rather be with you.
When I wake in the morning the first face that I see
Are the ones that are over half a world away from me.
The giggles of your laughter, the smiles on your face
The twinkle in your eyes, the ease of your grace
Make most of my days shorter and easier to bear
But they also make me wish I were there.

Some days it is easy to put forward the walk
Lift up my head and talk the talk.
Some days it is okay to fill the void
With friends from far places and not get annoyed.
Some days it is fun to walk in the sun
Dance with the stars and not want to run.
Some days it is an adventure waiting to happen
An experience I wouldn't trade and plenty for scrappin'.

Today I am wishing I were home with you
And wishing that makes me feel a little bit blue.
Today I will allow for a moment of sorrow
Allow myself time for dreams of tomorrow.
Today I will long for the day when we move home
No longer filling our time with places to roam.
Today I will dream of our lunches together
Laughter and tears no matter the weather.

Tomorrow again I will live for each day,
Looking for things to pave our way.
Tomorrow again I will move forward
Discovering new lands and start looking shoreward.
Tomorrow again I will walk the walk
Start once again to talk the talk.
But today let me mourn what I have left behind
Mourn what I miss most and miss what was mine.
                            
                                 ~ © Euvah Bryant 13 April 2010

2 comments:

applesofgold said...

Beautiful....and from the heart. <<<<>>>>>

Singapore Parkers said...

Well said.
What a lovely poem Euvah.