Friday, December 4, 2009

We Found Mustafa's

7 floors of pure h-e-double toothpicks:


Isles that are 2 feet wide 
Shelves stacked to the ceilings
Wall to wall stuff
Old not so clean building
Isles of boxes of stuff
Elbow to elbows of pushy people
Body odor that will knock you over
Very little English spoken
and teeny, tiny, jam packed, cramped places


And nothing I could live without.


I told you I was not a shopper.

We left and went to Tekka Center (a wet market)



I found the air I had lost at Mustafa's and elbow room.


We found pR some dresses.  They cost a lot - 3 for S$10.00.  Yep you read that right.  *shakes head in disbelief again*


And that was the extent of my shopping in Little India.  I hate that place.


I need to find one good thing to say about it...


So... the smells and spices mingled together (without the b/o) is wonderful.


AND I love what the Indian women and girls wear - vibrant colored elaborate, glittery, sequined and beaded clothes.  I will look up names for the clothes when I get over the claustrophobia I am still experiencing from today.


There, I found TWO things.


And that is all I have to say about that.

No comments: