Thursday, December 3, 2009

Singapore Fishie Pedicure and Lip Threading

Today we were adventurous.  We didn't wake up ready to be that way, it just happened.  We were late getting up and around - I think our days are catching up with us... lol... and we didn't get Little India accomplished.  It is on our list for tomorrow.  Our list always seems to change though - so we will see... 


Since we were so late getting out, and I needed my face waxed (eewwweee!) we decided Holland Village would be our first stop.  Linda, the one that does my waxing, has been after me to try the threading.  I did.  


OUCH!  Ok, in all honestly, yes it was uncomfortable but not miserable - for Raelee anyway - she didn't have it done.  


Steph tried it as well:





Yeah, it was as painful as it looks.  Imagine someone yanking hair out of your face a couple of dozen at a time... lol... Anyway, that was my one, and probably only, experience threading.  


I didn't see that it made much of a difference and if I am going to be miserable, I will chose the lesser of the two evils; waxing thank-you-very-much.


After the torture chamber at Holland Village, we decided to go treat ourselves to the fishy pedicure.  Singapore is one of the places in the world that allow it.  We all dunked our feet into the 'vibrating' water and watched as the fish did the dirty work - gnaw on our callouses.  Steph seemed to enjoy this part of the day:





Just look at those fish...




And it got worse...





Oh wait!  Then we went to the large fish...





Yeah that was interesting...  Nibbles are ok, but chomps?  lol...


Raelee had a time sticking her feet in it - but she was very excited at the THOUGHT of doing it.  Here she is just dipping her (and Ruthie's) feet in:





And see the toes curl?





She really didn't know what to think about it.  It took her a bit to even get to the point of dipping her feet in, however, she finally did and would not even think about going to the big fishy side.


She stayed on the little fishy side and was perfectly content thank-you-very-much:





After leaving the fishy spa, we were dismayed to see it was pouring buckets (raining) outside.  So we did the normal Orchard Road stuff - we went to shop.


Except we got sidetracked.  Raelee found a story telling hour in a mall.   It was really a great show - actors acting out a children's book by an Australian author.  They had different things to make the sounds and Raelee got to learn about that.  She watched from above - out of the crowd area and in good view of what all was going on.  When it was over, she said she really needed that book - and don't you know she got it!


Here is the view she had:








And this is what I love about her mommy, always patient and teaching her new things.





Finally, the rain beat us down.  We decided to head home.  Raelee was perfectly content to play with my coasters... errr... rugs for her Littlest Pet Shop critters:





They were my finds from yesterday's trip to Arab Quarters  :-)  




Who woulda thought they sold rugs for critters on Arab Street?


Hold your breath for Little India  ;-)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ok, call me a wienie, but I ain't sticking my feet in a bunch of fish and letting them nibble. ROFL I hated it in Greenwood too! Remember all those blasted perch that would nibble on us? LOL Love the post, love the pics and am on my way to Steph's. I like seeing the two different perspectives between you two! Love you all!

Noelle Reese said...

I'm with Liz. I'm just not in. How cvna that be clean with fish are so dirty? LOL
The threading doesn't seem like fun either. I am just a hairy beast with dead skin all over me LMAO
LN