Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Orchard Road Christmas Time and Day Time

Yesterday we ventured onto Orchard Road.  First we started out at the Orchard Hotel where I had gotten my Singapore Santa (thanks for the hint Pam) last year.  

Steph thought she wanted one, but after pondering it, she decided other than the batik material and the Singapore flag, not much about him reminded her of Singapore.  

I have to agree, but he is awfully cute:


We walked around and enjoyed the sights:





I finally remembered to get a picture of them.  I am horrible about remember to get the kids in pictures.  I am busy taking pictures, but I usually get distracted at what Steph is seeing and forget what I *need* to be doing.  They needed a picture at every place they have been.  I am a crummy mom - not a ton of pics of our girls in Singapore  :-(  I honestly forget.  But here is one:


Raelee had fun with the critters along the road:




We went to Wheel Lock Place:


I have gotten good at looking up:


We finally made it to the Ion Orchard.  (read that out loud - you will understand)


It is an amazing mall:



The famous nutmeg in front of it - not a coffee shop I originally thought it was  ;-)


A neat picture of the girls in front of it:

Another great pic of them - I made myself remember:


It has three story tall escalators:


Round escalators:


Or was that at another mall?

And a HUGE Christmas tree:


(Look at the size of the cars compared to the tree)

True to a child's inquisitive nature, at her suggestion, we went into that tree and found this:




Outside, I tried to take a cool picture, but it didn't turn out as cool as I wanted it to:


Checking out the art work around Ion:






Such a pretty piece of art with the rest of the artwork  ;-)

Good thing for all the escalators because everyone was getting sooo tired:


We were really all worn out by the end of the day:


Everyone could barely smile:


But look at these faces they made after sniffing the durian they found at the grocery store:


Can you believe Steph could put her nose in it and could still SMILE?

Raeleel didn't:


Elfie is still up to his silly antics:


Guess he has to hide in silly places to keep up with a silly girl!

That's all today folks!  'Cept another cute picture:


Off to the Singapore Night Safari this afternoon.


PS:  If you didn't understand 'ION Orchard', it says "eye on Orchard"  
:-)

3 comments:

Noelle Reese said...

I got the Eye On can you even believe it?? LOL
Great pics! Another super fun day!!
LN

Cajunrose said...

Great pics! I'm having so much fun over here! Thanks for 'hosting' us!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Looks like you all are having a great time. :-)