Sunday, October 4, 2009

It Is Time

In just a few hours - 5 or so, we will be on our way to Singapore. I have tried to share the emotions I have gone through but I just cannot seem to put it into words. Indeed it will be tough. However, I didn't realize just how tough until I saw my daughter and daughter in law posting on Facebook between each other. My heart is breaking yet there is nothing I can do.

Steph's post:
sad sad day :( My mom and dad are leaving tomorrow to go back to Sing and they are selling the house...mostly likely the last time we'll eat and be together as a family in the house I grew up in.

and Cheyenne responded with:

Jeremy's pretty sad about it, I'm just glad we went out there June before last. Just wish we'd known it would be our last time :(


I wish I had known last week would have been our last bbq or that even 3 short months ago that we would be selling our home of 16 years. I just didn't. I never expected our life to change as drastically as it has and as quickly as it has. Life doesn't always give us roses does it? Sometimes we just have to set about making lemonade out of the lemons we are dealt. It doesn't make it easy - just looking back makes it easier. We have had many happy memories in our home, but as Jenny said:

I'm sure it was a sad time for everyone. The house may be for sale, but the one thing the new buyers can never have AT ANY PRICE are the fantastic memories that you all had together.

Thanks Jenn :-)

Yes, it is tough, but the memories will always be there - even if the house is no longer ours. We will make it, but those lemons are going to be difficult to squeeze for a bit.

Off to Singapore... a different life indeed. I see rest in my future. Maybe I will allow myself to shed a few tears. Until then, I hope I can peacefully rest and get ready for the adventures ahead. Yep, I will call them adventures...

And as I go off into the wild blue yonder, I am reminded I am not only leaving our home and family behind, I am also leaving my favorite season:



See you on the other side of the world soon - we arrive Tuesday night :-)

2 comments:

applesofgold said...

I'm glad Steph asked me to stop over on Saturday to see the house (and you guys!)

Like I said, the memories will always be your's and nobody elses.... when I got there, I saw all the rocks from the rock garden in buckets...and remembered the times that yall had bbqs and all the kids playing with the rocks. A bittersweet moment....sad that all the rocks were in buckets and not out for the kids to play with, but I'm glad that those memories aren't staying at that house.

Have a safe trip. We are praying for you!

surprisetriplets said...

It really brings it all into perspective as far as the amount of work you and Steve had to complete to get moved out of the house when you say that even the rocks had to be moved. I hope you're able to rest and recuperate and get ready for the next chapter in your life while you're in Sing.

We love and miss you lots.