Thursday, July 16, 2009

Lord Grant Me the Patience...

... to endure my blessings. When the kids lived with me, one of my friends came up with this little hen that had four chicks by it that had this saying. If I have heard once, I have heard a hundred times "This is a blessing in disguise". No offense, but I don't like this 'blessing' one bit.

There is something about wandering into your house, being able to see from one end to the other end and seeing nothing but studs; not the good looking guys I would like to see, but 2x4 board studs:







2 weeks ago, all was well in my happy little world. I was dealing with the return emotions in Singapore after having returned from the states - and actually doing rather well. I had made a new neighbor friend (hi Debby!) and we had just joined an Asian art painting class on a whim the night before the phone call that would turn our world upside down. Thankfully no people were lost, but our home was... and it was... well... really, really wet. Little did I know how much that would effect our lives.

Now what is left of our house is in the shop (we haven't even touched that yet), sitting on trailers or at the dump:



The house is now down to studs for the most part. We have 1 bathroom they have not called yet, and the two back bedrooms that have a bit over a foot of sheetrock cut off the bottom. I am finally starting to wrap my mind around this mess and dealing with it as it comes - and believe me, it is coming fast.


Steve hired a contract crew who has already started the renovations. Tomorrow, they were putting doors on the front and back and tub in the bathroom. Finally, we were getting somewhere. Today, Stephenie walked in the bedrooms and found... MOLD on the sheetrock that we thought was ok. It is not. It is not in one place - it is all over the entire two bedrooms. I think we are back to square one - tearing out sheetrock. I am sure that will be coming down tomorrow.



Ok, so this is a blessing in disguise, right? Or so I am told...

I was happy with my old house and I know I will be happy with my new house. However, I don't want to be alone making decisions on our house. I don't want to be picking everything out by myself. I don't want to be away from my hubby - that is why I moved halfway around the world with him - I was sick of being away from him. Guess what? He goes back to work soon (in Singapore) and I get to remodel the house here in Louisiana. Do I feel alone already? Yeah. I do. He is here, he is handling everything now but he will be gone for the majority of this renovation. I will get to pick out all the colors, the floors, the dishwasher, the furniture, the curtains... heck, most everything.

He knows... and honestly I know he does not want to be gone, but he will be. So I am asking, Lord please grant me the patience to endure my blessings; You have before and I am counting on You to do it again. k?

Amen

Oh, and did I mention they want to do exploratory surgery for my pain? They think it might be adhesions? Yeah, I'm gonna schedule that in the midst of this...

Not.

Rant Over. Tomorrow is a new day. Today was pretty crappy.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am sorry, Sis. I wish I were there to help. I know it must be so very hard. I love you!

Kim's Life said...

My heart goes out to you! I will say a prayer for you & your hubby!