Sunday, May 10, 2009

Still Hanging Out...





And trying to get well. I know everyone is sick of hearing it, but you are not half as sick of hearing it as I am of saying it and more importantly, living it. I have lost 13 more pounds since I got ill, and am still losing. Yes, it should be a good thing, but at this point it has gotten us a bit concerned as I stay sick, the weight just keeps falling off, my side always has the nagging ache and now I have bronchitis from last weekends cold. Man it sucks to get old. Ok, so now you know why I haven't been posting... I promise to try to get on top of things again. However, I leave on Wednesday for the states, so... there will be a few lags here and there.

Steve and I went to China Town for a few last minute things for the kids. While we were searching high and low for golden shoes, he found my Chinese money frog! It is about a third the size of the one I had seen by our river last year, but it is identical only smaller. This baby is heavy! And yes, it is dusty too - I will take care of that soon. I am so excited! Heck, I could not have been prouder if he had given me diamonds!

It was indeed a wonderful Mother's Day. Even Jeremy called me this afternoon - before he went to bed on his Saturday night. Yes, Steph and Raelee called me too :-) Kids calling home, a money frog... what more can a mom ask for?

Ruby. That is what I will call my frog - Ruby. Steve is so sweet :-) Thank you for my money frog honey; maybe we will get rich now and you can quit this job and go home. Here's hoping :-) Hey, I can dream, right?

I hope all you mom's out there have a great Mother's Day. Each and every one of you are special - I love you.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Happy Mother's Day Ms Euvah! Get well soon, we're praying for you.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

For an explanation about money frogs see :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chan_Chu

I didn't get "Ruby" to get wealthier; I got it because Euvah likes frogs, loved the one that she took a picture of a while back and it would be a great souvenir of our time in Singapore.
But if "Ruby" just happens to bring a little more prosperity, that would be great!

Steve

TED said...

Great Blog,
you should submit it to The Expat Directory:
http://www.theexpatdirectory.com/forms/add_site.php

I have loads of figures like this from my time in singapore but no frogs lol. Nice picture