Friday, December 12, 2008

Traditions



It all started out with my love of snowmen. Over the years I have collected snowmen; if I could not have snow, then snowmen was my next best thing. The year pR was born, Steph bought me the Hallmark Snowmen for my birthday and signed it from her and pR. pR was a tot, so we played it for her over and over that year.

The next year, the girls got me the next Hallmark snowman. By that time, pR had learned to push the button, so once we showed her where the buttons were, we heard the songs over and over - on both the snowmen in the collection. The following year, my snowman collection was growing - not only did I get the Hallmark snowmen, I got an extra one or two. pR played all of them together, going from one to the next, punching buttons and getting a huge kick out of hearing each and every one of them to play - as close to the same time as she could press buttons.

We are 5 years into the Hallmark snowmen now - and she has about 10; 5 of the traditional Hallmark snowmen, and 5 or so others. For the last 3 years, she races frantically from one to the other, pressing buttons so they each sing their miscellaneous Christmas Carols all in unison. Some days it drives me insane (not a far drive my hubby often reminds me) but most days I just shake, rattle and roll in the laughter of the insaneness of the jingles all singing at once - and her persistence to get them all to sing at the same time.

This is my newest smile to the collection:

What a terrific birthday gift. I look forward to them each year. Thanks girls :-)


No comments: