Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Scavenger Hunt is ON!

My dear daughter was up to no good. I could not put my finger on it, but one too many phone calls for dad gave away the simple fact that something was up - and it was bound to have to do with my recent birthday passing. Indeed it did - my first real clue was this message on both of my computers, all the way from California - thanks to my dear son and his wife:



The second was looking at these not so innocent girls: I went on a wild scavenger hunt with them from one end of the parish to the other - collecting these card clues from each place that led me to the next place - all given to me or read to me by my friends and family. I had to make long distance phone calls to all of my friends and relatives here in the states - and even had to go to a Christmas Bazaar to collect a clue from a friend. What a FUN day!



The best part was ending at my home to a driveway filled with cars - and inside were friends waiting to give me surprise birthday party! It was well planned - and well executed - on our son's birthday no less! He said it was fun for him because of that :-)


My big prize of the day? My new Nikon D-90 Camera, lens, gift cards and a remote that I can use from behind the camera! Thank you everyone - you know who you are! The funny thing was if I had payed attention to my clues (above) - a part of the Nikon emblem was on everyone of them!


The second best prize was from pR – her traditional Dollar Tree shopping spree gifts:


It was a great day; I had friends here we had not seen in months and years - and I heard from everyone in my family. We sat around and visited for hours, ate yummy food (I won’t say what really happened with the yummy food) and laughed about the scavenger hunt


The scavenger hunt was payback from our kids for the scavenger hunts they had every birthday - we always gave them one clue for every year of their life to find their gift. The kid’s birthday parties were always a ton of work to put on because of the clues, but they are still always talked about when their friends get together with them - each having their own memories of a clue or two. Ahhh, those were the days!


Thank goodness I did not have 50 clues - they DID have mercy on me :-)




Thank you Steph for all the hard work - and to every one else for making my birthday celebration special. And a special thank you for no forkin' rope! rofl...

2 comments:

BLJ Graves Studio said...

What a wonderful birthday surprise!!! Glad you had fun. :-)

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Euvah! Sounds like lots of fun with great friends and family around you, not to mention your awesome new camera!!