Saturday, July 19, 2008

Singapore Maps

There are few locals I have told, but when I do, I keep getting the question over and over. Where in the world is Singapore? So I am going to post some maps so you get a clear picture of just where Singapore is. Go ahead and click on the maps, they get bigger!

Here is Singapore - if you look at the tip of the pink peninusla, you will see Singapore. Remember to click the maps to actually SEE where I am talking about!



We zoom out so you can get a clearer idea of where Singapore is. See the peninsula on the upper left? The tip of the "S" at the bottom is the 'arrow' to Singapore.


Now the realization should set in. I have marked Bayou Vista here in the US and Singapore on the top left side of the map. Comprehenda? Half way around the world - literally!
Now, something else to consider. Do you see the yellow vs green on the continents? zat is the equator. Point made? *GULP!*
It is a L-O-N-G way away!
Skeeery. Exciting. Fun. Daring. Crazy... back to skeery.
*Pinching myself to see if I am dreaming,,.
"OUCH!" nope

No comments: