Thursday, July 24, 2008

Closer and Closer...

As time nears I am getting more and more ready for this move. I have got all the major things, I need except a couple of pairs of slacks and another pair of walking shoes. Pam clued me in on that. More about her later... My stash is getting larger and larger - but I can only take 2 suitcases, so I have to keep that in mind... itsy bitsy things 'cause we all know my clothes aren't itsy bitsy. The diverticulitis sure set me back there...


We Added A Phone Number Today - One That Travels! The great thing about it is travels with me to SINGAPORE! YIPPEE! I take my box to Singapore (or anywhere else in the world), and YOU dial a local number and I answer it there in Singapore. I can also dial your local number and call you as well. We are charged a fee of $25 a month and 1 cent per minute per call in or out. I can also forward my other phone numbers to it - and no one will know the differnce. How cool is this?

D reminded me tonight that I would need to turn off the phone over there exept for during certain times. Sales calls and such ring all day here - which is our NIGHT there. He said it only took him a few days to realize he needed sleep, it rang when he was trying to get sleep, so now he shuts it down.


Funny, I am glad he mentioned that. I would have never thought about it - well until I lost sleep over it.


The things you learn.


Now for the really cool news! I have found a new friend in Singapore that is helping me get through the tedious process of what to bring and what not to bring. I am learning sooo much from her and it is such a huge help for me! She is from the mid-west US, and has been there over a year I think she said. She has been really patient with my questions and I am looking forward to meeting her. You are a blessing Pam - thank you so very much!

Oh, did you see I had my bird books?
Off to get some more done - but now I am working on Seattle! YIPPEE!.

2 comments:

Pam said...

anytime! can't wait for you to get here!

Anonymous said...

EB, I just love reading your blog, and of course I will be glued to it after the 10th! I just hope you find time from your new adventures to write to us now and again.
I love you and will miss you much!

Hugs,

Caity