Friday, September 2, 2011

Bear Tracks

Ahhh, bet you thought I was talking about REAL bear tracks, right?  Not likely!

I am working on a quilt called Bear Tracks.  Thanks to Mandy in Singapore (well she WAS in Singapore) I started quilting.  She had this wonderful sewing group that met every week.  When I got involved, I began my venture to learn to quilt.  Mandy showed us the basics and we were working on a quilt.  When we moved home, I had a few quilt blocks done, but not nearly enough to make the quilt.  Heck, I doubt I had enough of my own to make a PILLOW!  Now if I had added the going away blocks my friends made, that would be different... but I had a ton of material and many blocks of my own to work on.

A few days ago, I got ambitious.  I pulled out the ol' blocks, the batik material I love so much and all the cutting loot.  Remember the batik?



I spread out over the entire house pretty much and I have been busy cutting.  And cutting.  And cutting some more. In fact, I am still cutting.  But I have many piles of little squares to show for all my hard work:



Which I will sew together to add to my already made in Singapore quilt blocks:



And many more blocks added to these will be sewn together in this pattern:



To make a Bear Track quilt.

So that is what is keeping me busy this week.  I cut material and gaze out my window to watch the deer (love watching the twins grow) and American Gold Finches while I am cutting.  

Not moving back to the city.  I am too busy enjoying bear tracks, chirps and deer hooves.

Going fishin' this weekend.  Will I catch a fish?  Don't bet on it!  But I will certainly be trying!

1 comment:

Cajunrose said...

Awesome that you are quilting!!! I'm making a costume for Raelee for the children's day festival that she won't get to wear..rofl Oh well, such is life! I'm in the mood to quilt too but can't figure out what to do.