Friday, May 23, 2008

Lady Lu

Such a faithful companion, Lady is reaching the end of her days. It is not that she has not had a a good long life, she is 15 years old and has been comfortable until the last week. The fluid is building up because her heart cannot keep up. We were trying to get her to hang on so she could see her kid, Jeremy, in 3 weeks. I just don't think she has it in her. I lay on the floor and pet her and talk to her, and the last picture is what I see; a very tired, old girl. If she cannot make it, I hope she just lays in her favorite place and goes to sleep. I don't want to make a decision for her.
I love this girl, in fact, I think everyone does. She is the sweetest companion I have ever had. She is so calm and loving - how could anyone not love her? I call her my knee buddy. Wherever I am, Lady is right beside me - or laying on my feet. I think she does that so she can feel me move - after all, I can't leave without her knowing with her on my feet! How silly she is :-)
I am leaving to go to Disney World on Monday. Steve is still being patient with her and trying to get her just to make it to Jeremy's homecoming. Jeremy says he has never come home to an empty yard. I just don't think she has it in her, but we have done everything possible. We have spent almost $200 on meds in the last week. Money does not buy everything though.
Lady Lu, I love you.

No comments: