Thursday, September 7, 2017

Sew-Therapy Fun

Well, as I said, I have been busy sewing.  Since the infusion I had 3 weeks ago, I can't tell you the difference I feel.  Some of my old self is coming back!  Specifically, my old crafty self!  Maybe since I am not fighting tooth and nail to live, I can play now!  Several things I have noticed since my IgIV infusion;  more energy!  Now that doesn't mean I don't tire out easily - I do.  But I don't struggle all day long to catch a second wind - now I can go, stop, go, rest and go then sleep.  Go wasn't much of an option before the infusion!  Secondly, this may sound odd, but I have always had extremely dry skin.  Now I was with an oily face.  EWE!  What is up with that?  I have no earthly idea, but I would guess, since my body isn't fighting everything it can act 'normally' now.  My brain fog is still gone, and I am still seeing in Technicolor... (remember those days?).  And lastly, I have actually smelled something 3 times!  WHOOT!  I will hope for more smells.  You can't imagine what life is like with no smells...

Whatever has caused the changes, I am all for it.  Maybe IgG is exactly what will make me ok again.

Ok, so here it is for my port people, one week out exactly.  The bruising is starting to fade, the steri-strips are falling off and I am fine.  Only minorly achy, but nothing major.  No Tylenol for several days now and only because I overdid things then.  Easy peasy.  



Don't worry - my boob is way out of that picture, but for some reason it doesn't feel like it.  Maybe it is because I am baring my chest... lol... 

Still don't like the port, but overall, it isn't so bad.  So that is my medical journal/update.  

And I went to a thrift store and bought this man's shirt.  I loved the colors - you know me and blues with yellows = LOVE.




I brought the shirt home and started playing with it: I cut the top off and added some fabric scraps from my living room pillows:



I cut the pocket off and moved it after decorating it.  The embroidery on the upper left was already o the pocket.  I left it, added yellow behind the original pocket and added zigzag as well:




This is the back of the finished apron.  



Fun stuffs!

No comments: