Friday, August 23, 2013

Very, Very, Sad Eggs

Good morning!  

This is what my morning starts out like...  I get up, make Steve's lunch, walk him out, feed the horses then head to the coop.  


This is my view on the way:



Oh, darn, right?  Lol... As you can probably tell, this is well before 7am.  

Then on to the coop to do my chicken chores; clean their litter box, check for water and food then give them a bit of scratch feed.  My hens lay in the morning usually before noon.  If I am lucky, I will get 2 or 3 eggs a day right now, however, I have several hens trying to 'gear up' to give eggs.  

Their eggs are not very well formed to say the least:



Yes, I am giving them calcium fortified food, oyster shells and doing everything I am supposed to - they are just young and immature.  Soon their eggs will be show worthy!

I am still trying to figure out which chickens lay which eggs.  I have only gotten one white egg, several rosy colored eggs and lots of brown eggs.  I have one chicken that lays tiny brown SPECKLED eggs.  I love that egg!

Thought you might be interested to learn chickens do lay dud eggs - and they are very, very sad indeed.

'Cause I can't eat 'em!

I love my mornings - feeding critters, chatting with them, petting them and encouraging the chickens to lay beautiful eggs for us!  Some of them just aren't listenin' yet!


We are burnin' the wood pile this weekend. Don't know if I will have a chance to post or not,  so I will just say I hope you have a great weekend!

I will, I will be with my hubby.  I look forward to weekends.  :-)


No comments: