Friday, August 16, 2013

The Games We Play

 Everyone knows Steve and I love playing games; we play Dominoes, Yahtzee and cards. 

Since we love playing games so much, we decided to make games to play at our family reunions.  Steve made a Washer Game and  EVERY one loved playing it!


Steve's cousins Dwayne and Janine:





Marcus got really good at playing and landing the washers IN the holes!


And Aedan was really great at playing as well.  He loved when his washers went in!  The crazy thing about it is that the boys were as good as the adults!


I think Dwayne, Steve and Jeff played nearly every time!




I made an Angry Birds blowing game out of coffee cans and a volley ball;  it was terrifically cute, but a bomb. :-(   I don't think it even got played once! 


 Oh well, it is cute to look at.  :-)


Another bomb was the giant KerPlunk; not sure why it didn't go over, but it was a huge flop.  


Anyone need a KerPlunk game?  And I had such high hopes for these two games!  Lol...


And this game got played more than I expected once we moved it to the picnic table:



In all the games we made, the washer game was by far the most fun, the most played and the one everyone wanted to pull out when we had a few extra minutes.  Aedan shows his Washer Game excitement here when he scored!




Now I get to go on my favorite game;  The Easter Egg hunt!  So far I have gotten 5 eggs; 2 brown, two rose and one white:



I am pretty sure all my hens are laying, but I think I have to go on an Easter Egg hunt in the soy bean field to find the rest of the eggs. 

I really wish the Amish dudes would just chop all the soy beans down so I can see if they are really laying there... 

Still hoping for the blue or green egg... if that happens then I will have all the colors of eggs I want!  If not, Steph and I agreed we should swap my brown for her blues and we will have our perfect mixture of colored eggs.  :-)

No comments: