Friday, October 7, 2011

From a Barn to a Shop and More...


The dirt floor barn is quickly being transformed into a shop!  Steve is excited and believe it or not I am super excited for him!

As you know, it started looking like this:



We got it concreted:



The insulators came and started doing their job:


 And they did a super job!



 And they cleaned it all up spic and span!  If you need anything insulated, call these guys:



Their phone number is:  918-223-5843.  They do insulation jobs anywhere from here to Missouri and we highly recommend them.  We are definitely satisfied customers!


Moving on... we got a package a few days ago - it made me smile:


It was some awesome treats for our myriad of pets.  


Even the kitties:


We have not given them away yet  :-(  It is not in me - but I know I have to do it.  Meet from left to right:  Calli too, Cutie, Socks, Mittens and the Tiger.


Chelsea loves her raccoon... 



In fact, she is squeaking it right now and thrashing it side to side.  Wonder if I can get her to do that to the real ones outside?
 

And we cannot forget about the momma cat, Sparkles...
 

The missing cat Princess is in hiding.  It think she feels invaded... I wonder why?


I have gotten several supportive e-mails about my post yesterday and I appreciate each one of them.  Stuff happens, and I don't think this is permanent, but I get so blown away about what turns people from ones they supposedly love.  I can see getting angry, but disowning someone for a mistake?  Really?  

Even if it is not a permanent 'disown', is it really necessary to batter someone with a bunch of hateful and hurtful things?  Step back and take a breather instead of saying something you can't take back!  I did say something that should not have been said - and no I cannot take it back, but it was innocent and I immediately apologized.  I said it in a flippant manner meant to be a jab/joke, and when I realized it wasn't taken that way, I apologized, but the next 30 minutes were brutal.  The next 4 days have been worse.  No communication whatsoever.  And I don't believe I am the only one that made a mistake - but at least mine was innocent.  

Anyway, all is ok.  It will work out and I hope it does soon.  I can proudly say I don't hold grudges and life would be so much better if others didn't either.  Life is too short for not moving on.


On to terrific news!  My sister is coming!  She and her family are moving from Seattle to Mobile, and they are driving across country in the process.  Our place is a pausing point from one place to the other.  I am super excited!  They will be here tomorrow, so expect lots of pictures!  I can't wait to see them, and I can't wait for all the celebrations!  Sunday will be family and friend day - hope everyone comes!  Looking so forward to it... and now I must go shop for the army...

Have a great day and remember, let it go and move on!  Make someone smile today - that grocery clerk might have had a rough start, but you can change her day with a smile and encouragement.  Give it a shot.  I will!



No comments: