Friday, September 16, 2011

Labor Day Weekend


We went to Steve's Uncle Weldon's place to fish over the Labor Day weekend and we had a blast!  The day even started off fun - this is Steve's cousin Duane excited to be going out:



I love the picture of the guys looking over the fishing loot.  It was taken through the windshield, but it still shows how close they are.  Steve has always loved hanging out with Uncle Weldon:



Here is a great picture of Uncle Weldon in his best form:  fishing.  Have you ever met someone who lives, eats and breathes fishing?  That is how Uncle Weldon is.  All he ever thinks about is where the 'big one' could be:



He is pretty proud of his Bass Tracker too!  He worked many years to get it  :-)



We caught a fish... but I couldn't claim it Steve said.  HIS hook was the one that was actually in the fish - I guess mine caught his?  Lol...



It wasn't a keeper any way:



Some how it got dark on us - we were on the lake and I wasn't too happy about being there in the dark.  Thankfully we made it back ok... This picture was taken on the other end of the lake from where our boat trailer was - time to head back, right?



Do you see the boat under the cliff over there?  That is Uncle Weldon after sunset NOT ready to leave yet... lol... and I have no idea who the kid is, but it was fun clicking this picture in the near dark as I anxiously waited for Uncle Weldon to head back to the ramps:


Yes, he was jumping off of the cliff  - and I don't think it was his first time!


When we came home, I took this picture of the mayflies on the wall.  I was nice and did not straighten that wall up - but I sure wanted to... yes, I notice weird things:



And finally, I forgot to post this picture of Punkin' when I posted the chicken pictures:


She sure loves her chickens!

I am off to take play today - and I am taking the camera just in case.  Just want to get out and have a relaxing day... so I am going to look for fun!

Can I find it?
Sure I can!


No comments: