Wednesday, September 14, 2011

We Went Fishing and...

Well, let me tell you the story first.  We loaded the boat, went a few miles and launched it in the water:
 
The guys steadied it while we hopped on the boat and headed out through the bayous:
Our destination was the 'fish pond':
 
"Guaranteed to be full of fish!"  Steph assured me I would catch a fish there.  If we had been paying attention, when we pulled into the pond, we would have seen a huge gator!  We heard a scraping noise, looked towards it just as a huge gator rolled off into the bayou off of the top of a mostly sunken boat. We even had our cameras ready!  UGH!  Lol... anyway...
I actually caught a fish!  Granted it wasn't a keeper, but it was a fish!  That is the second fish I have ever caught.  The first one was not a keeper either - and it got thrown back in to the water before I ever had chance to even see it good.  This one... well I did get to see it and I decided it was a blue catfish - ha!  me who knows nothing about fish!  However, it was not big enough to keep, so I just got to admire it for a bit and toss it back in the water.  I am waiting... one day I will catch a 'keeper' and though I might not keep it, I will at least get to know I caught a big fish!

Here I am with my fish:

 

Can anyone see if it is a blue catfish?  Wait!  Is there even such a fish?


Raelee has sure grown up; she can bait her own hook now:
 


And she caught a fish too!



In fact, she caught several.  She caught one we could have kept, but we released it too.  This one was not it:



After fishing for a few hours, we were ready to go in so punkin' could go to dance recital practice.  How is that for relaxing?  

The captain set sail and headed home:


Great way to spend time out on the bayou - fishin' with the family.  Oh, and I love fishin'!  I'm GONNA catch a keeper one day - and I will probably release it.  But I have caught a fish.  Go me!


No comments: