Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Family Time Over

A picture with our grand kids  :-)


Well, the end of the family time has come;  Jeremy and his family made it back home after a beautiful tour through Colorado, Arizona and Nevada.  Steph and Raelee made it back home safely making their connections (a miracle in itself) and all is now quiet here again.  TOOooo quiet.  I loved the visit;  it was great - we rode the 4 wheeler, went out in the boat, cut up and chatted.  We had a great visit with everyone.   

Our home was once again like a revolving door; Jeremy and his family was here, Steph and Raelee came, Steve's mom and step-dad came in, my bother and nephew, my niece and her boyfriend, my sister and step-dad were all in and out... busy but very nice to have everyone here.  

Our house is definitely visitor friendly!  We now know picked just the right place - though we were pretty certain of it already.  With as many people as we had coming and going, no one was under anyone else's feet and we were not annoying each other.  The kitchen is the perfect place for large group cooking and of course the outside is the bomb!  We are extremely happy with the way the visit went.  Now if I would just get the living area (remember I never did find a sleeper sofa set for it) situated, it would be perfect - but it was darned close now!

On a more sobering note, I had my rib block yesterday.  It was where they numbed my entire lower left rib cage with Novocaine and Lidocaine.  I quit counting on the 11th shot.  OH.  MY.  GAWD.  It.  Hurt!  It completely numbed my side, but the pain was still there - and that was what they wanted to see.  What this means is that they now know the pain is deeper than abdominal wall.  The Dr is now scheduling a CAT scan with contrast.  I have had one before, but he wants to be sure that nothing has come to light now 2+ years into the pain.  Will update on that as soon as it takes place.  In the meantime, my side is black and blue and I look like a pin cushion and feel like a truck with tire studs drove over me.  The good part of that is it is BEHIND me now and we can move on.

Off to a dentist appointment now - once it is behind me all the torturing for this week is over.  I should celebrate - right?  Or maybe I will just clean and reclaim our little heavenly corner of the world so we can have more company.  

Life is good.  

Tomorrow with no pending Dr/Dentist visits, it will be better.

No comments: