Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Closing... :-(

Closing is paused.  The government has decided that we have to have flood insurance on every building on our property.  Our house is not in a flood plain, but part of our land is - the part on the opposite side by the creek.  Go.  Figure.  And our barn is on the far side of our house - even further from the creek.  So we have to insure each building separately.  Steve did the house today for a mere GRAND.  You read that right - $1000 freaking dollars.  And apparently has to do the same for his dirt floor barn.  *sigh*  He went and talked to a neighbor that said he didn't have to do that a couple of years ago... let's see, what happened in the last couple of years that changed the rules... 

SO, while Steve is trying to whittle through that mess, we are on hold for the closing.  

Life is such an adventure.

I think I will go out and watch the THREE raccoons eat Princess Cost-A-Lot's food.  Yep, I finally found out who she shares with - right outside our bedroom door.  Nice.

I am still so tired I cannot think.  Be back when I have recovered.  Or when I can crawl to the keyboard.


2 comments:

Noelle Reese said...

WHAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?
You got to move in before closing? I have never heard of that? Could it be cheaper to level the barn and build a new one later? PCAL could come to the house right? I'll be praying!

Leone Fabre said...

I just don't believe any of this ..... I want SOMETHING to go RIGHT for you guys .. just once. You hear me???

This is getting ridiculous.

Love you and miss you and wish - somehow - I could make things go right for you. xx