Saturday, April 2, 2011

Whooo Loves Owls?


Punkin' loves owls!  

Punkin' has loved owls forever!  This skirt was made by her mommy - it had owls on it and she loves the skirt.


Her birthday is coming up soon.  I decided to make her and her friends owls for her birthday party.  Today I got up thinking about how fun it would be to create owl friends.  They could keep me company here, right?  Ok, I admit it, I am desperate, but creating is what I do second best.  So, with my trusty little scissors and some felt I picked up yesterday, I pulled out a pattern from a blog...  and I went to work.


Within 45 minutes (thanks to the pattern) I had created this little guy:


I thought about putting a little green caterpillar in his beak with his purple eyes looking down toward the caterpillar, but I am afraid it might scare the kids...  my whole thought was to add a bug to each owl so it was personalized for punkin' - we all know how much she loves bugs!  If you don't, then go to my favorite blogs on the bottom left of my main blog page and look at Stephenie's blog.  You will see her love of critters - in particular bugs - there.  

Be sure to look at the top of the blog - at the Monarch Butterfly Project.  You will be amazed!

Back to the Owl Project; of course I still have do the hand stitching and sew it, but I think I might have found something to occupy my time.  I wonder how many I will need to make for the party?  I could easily make a couple of dozen, but I think I will start with making all three of our grandkids their very own owly friend or - "a hooter" - as punkin' calls them.  Yep, I am making hooters.  

This is gonna be fun  ;-)



1 comment:

Cajunrose said...

She will LOVE it!!! I think it would be great to incorporate bugs into it..maybe a lot more work though! So fun!!