Friday, April 8, 2011

Update... and Owls


I still don't have it in me to post.  But I am gonna try.  Bear with me please...

As you know, we are still in Mississippi while Steve does this job for Singapore.  He is having trouble with workers/welders - he walks away and they facebook, call friends and family, surf the internet, talk, cut up... whatever they can do but work.  When he is standing over them, they are doing everything they can to stretch the job out - working v.e.r.y.  s.l.o.w.l.y.  Not giving a crap that *he* has other places to be.  There are guys that go out and get drunk and are 'too sick' to come in to work.  He has guys that say they will be there and don't come or come and claim to have pulled their backs even though everyone knows darned well they have had a bad back for years - BUT he will have to pay the medical bills now.  This SUCKS.  He says 4-5 men get work done 1 man could do in half a day IF he tried.  When he walks away from this job, he will not be looking back.  I know how sick I am of it and I am not dealing with all the crap HE is.  He is so ready to go to the new job - hopefully he will not have to deal with this crap ever again.

*vent over*


My depression hangs on.  I try not to yap about it too much, but some days I just feel like crawling into a hole - and I know it is because of the 'status quo' we are in.  This too shall pass, but for now I am in the hole - a zombie putting one foot in front of the other.  I can hardly even think the darned cloud is so low right now.  


So what have I been doing?

Making stuffed owls

For a special day
To be announced at a later time

They are still in the planning stages, but they are developing personalities... if I do say so myself.


I have the gardening owl:



The lightning car owl:



The dancing owl:
 

... I am still trying not to put a belly button jewel on her tummy  ;-)



And the dinosaur owl:
 


Each made with a particular child in mind; their favorite thing, color or animal...  I cannot wait to see their faces - even if I have to see pictures of their faces - it will be fun.

As I said, they are coming around.  Part of my procrastination is dragging out supplies, spreading out over my 2 foot of counter space, needing a glass of water... moving everything to get the drink, redistributing it to work, moving it to cook, pulling it back out, moving it to... yeah, you get the idea.

Living in a camper has its limitations.

But I *will* get this done this week.


I went to see my uncle Danny again a couple of days ago.  I surprised him with a call and we met for an ice cream cone.  An hour drive for a great visit with my uncle.  I love seeing him!  He and Aunt Carole are going to visit my aunt in Selma and my other aunt from Hawaii is going to join the fun.  They asked me to go, but I gotta tell you - it sounded like a whole bunch of people going a dozen different ways.  Change is not working well with me right now (wonder why?) so I bowed out. Instead, I offered to 'cook dessert', and bought them an apple pie; pre-made, complete in a plastic shell and shipped up with Uncle Danny.  He said he was going to tell them I laced it with something strange so they would stay away from it - he wanted it for himself.  If he was smart, he ate it before he got there  ;-)


So that is where we are, we are making it and I will be fine.  Steph invited me to come play with their baby chickens, so I am heading out for a 24 hour trip tomorrow.  I will get pictures of the new 'family members' so I can share them.  It should be entertaining and I will get a different view of the world - oh, and I will get to see the girls.  I should be my bright and cheery self by Monday.

I promise I will find my happy cap - just you wait and see.

No comments: