Wednesday, April 27, 2011

As the World Twirls




Anything natural piques my interest.  I love looking at flowers, critters and landscapes.  I find every living thing breath taking and beyond my comprehension - and I cannot imagine how anyone cannot realize there must be a higher being to have all the beauty that we do have.  How does a seed know what kind of flower it is supposed to grow?  How does an egg know what kind of bird it is going to be?  How does a flower know it is supposed to be purple and not yellow?  It knows because God gave it the knowledge to know.  That is my theory and I am stickin' to it.


While I was in Mississippi, I was picking berries, remember that?  What I didn't tell you was that I had to fight high and low for them!  Well, I actually left low for this little fellow and I took the high ones, occasionally dropping one for Mr Turtle to find.  He did and he ate it!   He did keep an eye on me though  :-)



Again, keeping an eye out for God's creatures, I found where Punkin's grasshoppers went!


She misses them, but she was glad to see the birds didn't eat them!  Lol...


I think a few of them were chatting about me:



Now moving on... Saturday after we got home, I went over to Steph's to visit.  We let the chicks out and were chatting when Punkin came over and said something was very, very wrong. 

She had a bad and weird rash on her toe:



Granny looked long and hard at it and assured her not to worry about it - it was just a horseshoe rash.  She looked at me worried... then I told her to look carefully at her shoe:



She looked, and she saw... a match!  



Thankfully, she realized she was going to live!!  


While we were outside, I looked down and saw Steph's hose.  Does anyone remember K and B?
 

If not, it is a south Louisiana thing.  I sure do miss that drug store!  This hose made me think back to when it was around... funny how the world keeps on twirling.  The only thing the same is how much the world changes....


This is just a random post - not much is happening.  We got the air conditioner fixed and the tv satellite fixed too.  We are back to a 'normal' life and... Life is good.

The journey ahead looks nice, even if it is a bit... obscure.



We can see the fun stuff in sight.  We are looking forward again and in anticipation.  As I said, life is good. 

Off to parts unknown with our girls.  When I am lucky enough to do this, I realize how much I miss our guys.  Sure wish we were closer.  Miss the other half of our lives... but they are happy and that is really what matters.

And the world keeps on twirling...


No comments: