Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I Am Not Good At New Beginnings...

First, let me start by saying, we are not in Pascagoula, we are actually outside of Gautier, Mississippi.  So I am not where I thought I was.  We are miles and miles away from the shipyard Steve is working at.  Two days ago I showed you pictures from my front door.  It is truly from my front door, but we do have a few campers here - just no live people.  Here are some pictures from our camper...


Behind us:



Looking toward the entrance of the campground:
 


It used to be a big water park,  and this was the main building.  It is now abandoned:
 


A different view behind us:
 



Out the door to the right:
 


Down the road from us:



And finally, outside our front door:
 


This looks like an okay campground, right?  


There is not one other living soul in those campers!  I have seen very little movement in the 2 days we have been here.  One very skinny, very sleazy, very eerie man walked from the back of the campground to the front about 15 times the first day.  He stared our camper down the entire time - to the point of walking backwards checking it out for about 50 feet.  

Later I went to check out the laundry room (wait until you see that!) and when I had to ask the office people where it was, (believe me when I say it is not obvious) I asked about him.  "Oh, HIM.  Don't worry about him.  He is a carnie (carnival worker), there are about 8 of them living in an old bunk house in the back and they don't have a bathroom.  He is walking to the front to go to the bathroom.  They will only be here another week or so."  Sure.  K.  I feel better now.  This guy is CREEPY.  Read:  No other live people around here with me and them.  Skeery.

Okay - why are carnies staying ANYWHERE for a couple of weeks?  Don't they usually keep on moving?

Why is he staring our camper down?  Should I leave it?  Stay to protect it?   I am staying here alone with a creepy looking guy.  Really creepy looking.

Do I need to say more?

Steve says the reason there is no one here is because these are all shipyard hands - come in late and leave early.  There are no wives that I have seen.  Yesterday I finally saw a new man with a BIG dog that he walks.  He is home during the day - not with the carnie, but why is he always home?  Does he not work?

I have decided I am not good at this.  I don't like new things, I don't like changes and I certainly don't like not knowing my surroundings.  I don't mind it occasionally, but living this gypsy lifestyle is not for  me.  Haven't I said this before?  When I get used to one thing, it is time to pick up and move again.  How do people love doing this?  It is a lonely life!  Make a friend, move, learn where your newest grocery store is, move, find another friend, move on, learn your surroundings, move on, get your internet working, move, get your satellite up, move.  UGH!  Ok, what is God trying to say to me?


Another problem... internet.  Have it then, now  I don't.  Use data, they turn off internet because we went over data, turn it on, don't use it so we don't use data.  I am tethering to my phone now - do YOU know what that means?  I am learning new things all the time!  I sure do miss having no limit on what I look at or watching videos.  Wes?  I will catch up with you - I think you are the reason I went over!  But you are so worth it!  Hang in there - you have an amazing outlook!


Okay, so I have no choice - I have to make the best of it and continue to try to learn my lesson.  I am listening... but the birds are the only ones talking.  Don't worry, I will keep listening - I know God is watching and waiting...


So.  I have decided, once again, I will scope out new places:



Spread my wings once again:




Watch my surroundings carefully:  




And patiently wait until the time comes to move on again:


Patiently as you can clearly see. 


And now, Steve's boss is waiting on him to go to Venezuela to do a survey - "it will be a quick trip - over, do the survey and back". 

Nice.  Where will I be then?


1 comment:

Cajunrose said...

Can you guys move to a new location? That one doesn't look so nice..lol

Oh, and Raelee would like a copy of the owl pictures please. :)