Saturday, May 29, 2010

What Kind of Instrument is This?

UPDATE:  I could thank about a hundred people for the messages that this is a sitar.  Thank everyone who informed me of what I was admiring.  I found out what it sounded like on You Tube.  Different, but nice.

I promise, I will back to the Thailand pics tomorrow.  I had to sort pictures to make heads or tails out of them so I could post quicker.  I am terrible procrastinator when it comes to weeding through the pictures.  

Anyway, I came across this and I wanted to ask you - does anyone know what kind of instrument it is?  It was battered, but beautiful.  I have no idea what it is and I really want to know - just for curiosity's sake.  (Is that apostrophe in the right place?  Lol...  never mind... the peas will tell)





Yes, I found it at a Salvation Army.  The price was S$230.00 and I dare say with the mother of  pearl inlays and carvings, I am sure it was worth every single penny.  If I were rich instead of so good looking (haha), I would have bought it just to sit and admire.  

So here is the deal; if you are reading this and know what it is, please let me know.  If you do not want to register with blogger, but do want to comment, I have my blog set up to accept anonymous comments - but please leave your name in the body of the comment so I can say thank you properly.

1 comment:

David said...

That looks like a Surbahar or a Sitar.