Monday, May 24, 2010

Aimlessly Meandering in Singapore


This is going to be a totally random post about things I see while I am traveling out and about Singapore.  Bear with me... I have no direction.

Do you ever 'see' a picture that you know is the picture of all time - one you strive to get, but know it is impossible?  Every time I am traveling on East Coast Park, this picture jumps out at me.  For two years, I have tried to get this picture, and it is near impossible.  Imagine traveling down the freeway at 110-120 kilometers and having a fraction of one second to get the perfect shot.  It simply cannot happen for so many reasons... so this is the best I can do with my 'dream shot':


Look at the picture closely.  In the middle of all those buildings and low appears to be a mosque (?) - at the very back and at the bottom.  Now imagine having a good camera and plenty of time to set the picture up and catching it at just the right angle... do you see it?  If you are a photographer you do.  There is no perfect place to take this picture.  Heck, I do not even know what street is below, but this would be an awesome picture if I could just get it.  I gave up, so here is my best shot.  Ugh.


While traveling on the MRT the other day, I saw some Indian women (they always wear such gorgeous clothes!) and while thinking I realized what shoes they were wearing:
 

The MRT was so full they had no chance of seeing me take this picture.  I just loved the sight - beautiful clothes and comfy shoes.  I love a woman like that - brave enough to say my feet are important!  Wish I had gone for comfort 30 years ago - I wouldn't have feet problems now!


Yes, we do have litter here in Singapore.  It is not on the 'expat' trails so much as it is in other areas:



While traveling in a taxi I saw one Chinese version of a hearse...



The last picture is the front of the vehicle  (!)


Saw this while walking through the MRT... man, it made my mouth water  :-)   You know me and gadgets...



Take a close look and see if you notice what is wrong with this picture.  Ok, besides the heart attacks waiting to happen and the prices:


Do you see it?  The fourth burger back has no bun!  The lettuce IS the bun.  Talk about carb free!


I no longer have to wonder where my mail keeps going.  I have waited for packages, letters and cards that never came.  Maybe this is part of the reason:



Yes, it is a mail bike.


Look a bit closer:



Do you feel my pain yet?  No?


Our mail is bungy corded in while flying down the highway doing 110-120 kilometers...  Oh, maybe the rubber bands will hold the mail in.  Or maybe they broke and the cards I am missing went tumbling...


If that isn't enough, here is the central office mail truck minus the mail men:


No, those are not mail men - those are random passers by... and those mail bags were left standing there unattended for a few minutes  :-(  


Signs always make us giggle in Singapore.  I won't sit on this if you tell me what it is:


And can someone please tell me what I missed at the school across the street from me?  I knew the date and time though  :-)




I am confused... please make this a bit clearer:


Do you want me to go this way or would you rather I stayed out?


And finally, I know everyone is dying to know the latest on my side pain (ha!).  The Dr has found a cure:


We will put a bandaid on it.  

Seriously.  

I have officially quit going to the Dr.  

Imagine, me croaking with a bandaid on my side - for the pain inside.

Seriously. 

Not.  

Using.

Them.

This is not a pain patch - this is like the end adhesives of a Bandaid.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this post...fun!

Is the 'bandaid' a pain patch?

Alex said...

Wow... a bandaid. Must be some kind of special bandaid, one that comes with magic bound to the sticky stuff. I hope you paid him with monopoly money :)