Monday, February 1, 2010

SALE PENDING!

The house we love so dearly... the one we just remodeled?  Sold...  Well, actually, not yet... but... the sale is pending  :-)

We got a call Saturday night that we had a full price offer for our house.  Can you believe it?  I am still stunned. We verbally accepted yesterday and officially accepted today.  As I understand it, things will go pretty fast.  The prospective owners have been pre-approved by the bank and as long as everything goes smoothly, it will be over and done with by March 15th... our 33rd wedding anniversary.  So close to sold it is eerie... is that how you felt Carey?

What a bittersweet time in our lives.  You don't live in a home for 16 years, have as many memories as we do, and not have second thoughts.  Of course, we are going to sell, but this next few weeks will once again be a roller coaster.  I should be getting used to it by now, but I never seem to do that.
I think our children and at least one grandchild will also be going through some emotions as well.  Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we transition to a new phase of our life.  I am going to get through it by looking forward to the future - that is the only way I know how.  

In the mean time, I am happy to say we are slowing getting the computer up again... the photography programs are getting installed, I am sorting out to find the actions and install them, and I finally put my SD card in with all my recent pictures in anticipation of having ONE program to edit.  The computer does not see it  :-(  It does not see the freaking pictures on the SD card - heck it doesn't even SEE the SD card!  I see them on my camera - so the stupid virus ate my drives... UGH!  I feel like this will never get resolved, but it will.  It is just extremely frustrating.  

In the meantime I wish I were sitting here: 


Watching this:


and this:


and this:


Being here with them:


eating this:

 

 

or this:


and laughing at this:


or enjoying this:

How do you let it go?

You don't.  

I guess you hold those memories close... know your loved ones will always be where you are...

and you move on...

But
You must take this:


Don't ya think?

We need a vote of butts... dad wants to leave it.  It  is "old", "has splinters", "the rope has grown into the tree", it is "just an old piece of wood", "old as the hills", "easily replaced", "stained", "cracked", "tired" and "needs to be retired".  

It is just a kid's birthday present that entertained oodles of kids...

I have heard every excuse in the book.

You vote.

3 comments:

Noelle Reese said...

Well as far as the vote, can you move it to Steph's house? However the whole splinter thing says it's time for a new one. My BFF is scarred for life from removing a splinter from M's hand. I had to hold her down while Heather pulled it out and I am not even kidding she screamed like we were killing her. Everyone was crying and it was one of the top 3 worst times in my life. I say ditch it. But blow up that picture to 8 x 10 and put it on the wall with the kids pictures. :-)
Keep remembering, selling your much loved home does not include a single memory you made there! :-)
LN

applesofgold said...

That's a tough call. I'm a am a very very sentimental person....and I know it doesn't seem realistic that a swing would have feelings. That swing has shared more joy and laughter as it's riders. For that reason I say....leave it up....it has years of swinging still left in it. But then the other part of me says to take it down, don't let anyone else have those sweet memories. That they belong to you and you alone. So, I guess I see the tough choice that you have to make. Is it possible to contact the buyers through the realtor to find out their intentions for the swing? If they have young children...can you imagine the awesome gift that you would be offering them if the swing remained?

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.