Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

May you have a Happy New Year, darling!  I hope each of you have a wonderful and blessed New Year and may all your dreams come true.


Yes, indeed I am still here  :-)  We are still in western Oklahoma - where the wind is blowing like h-e double toothpicks and it is colder than... well, *really* cold.  It is freezing and supposed to get colder this next week.  Luckily we will be back in south Louisiana where it will just be cold - not frigid like it is here.


We did get snow and ice.  Ice first, then snow in Okmulgee, then it melted and iced over again for several more nights.  It was mighty nasty.  Slicker than heck, but I must say I am proud of Steve, he only got stuck a dozen times or so.  Between him, my brother and niece's boyfriend, they all got us unstuck at the lake - which could have been mighty dangerous had they not been able to accomplish that.  I never got worried - we had roofing shingles!  lol... however, they did tear them up getting us out.  We just stocked up on some more of them.  But with the 'mission unstick' accomplished, we were able to get back 'home' to eat and get toasty warm  :-)


Western Oklahoma (our next stop) didn't get as much snow and ice, but it has definitely been colder than heck. I always forget how that wind goes right through you here.  I love forgetting it - it is miserable.  Anyway, it dusted snow one day and then all melted, froze over and melted again.  Roads are fine here and will be ok for us to head back right ahead of the next storm.  


We went shopping one day for Steve's Christmas present.  Since his cowboy boots were all damaged in the great flood, I wanted him to buy some more.  We shopped and shopped for a pair of at least B width and couldn't find anything but work boots.  Finally, at one shop, we found a pair of AA width that fit him like a glove!  It was not what he was looking for, but it is so difficult to find boots (or shoes) to fit his narrow feet we decided to buy them and continue looking for the pair.  Geez he has narrow feet.  We both have problem finding shoes, his feet are narrow and mind are wide - square says he.  :-)


We went out to see Rod and family's new 'toy box' yesterday.  What a huge place!   Wouldn't our guys like to have a toy box like this?  You looking Todd?














Rod is trying to get all his vehicles in one place... can he do it?  Of course he can!  He just has to find them all and collect them.  This shop is definitely big enough to hold most of them anyway.  He is sharing it with Mike and Brad too, so I bet this baby is full in no time.  They are talking about building a house on the same piece of property he was born on.  How awesome would that be?  He is 79 years old - wouldn't it be amazing to leave this world on the same property you were born on?  I can't even imagine...  Start that house Rod - we can't wait to see it!


It has been too cold to do anything outside.  Usually the guys are always working when we come, but we have just been hunkering down, laying low waiting this cold spell out.  We might just have to go back to Louisiana to get away from it.  All the ponds are iced over and there is no end in sight.  I love the cold weather though, so I am not fussing.  Just enjoying it.  


Oh but we are sure enjoying the hot tub!  It was so steamed up last night that we could barely see each other... (get your head out of the gutter - steamed up from the HOT tub and the FRIGID temps in the air around it)   I love going in the hot tub in the winter - the best time to go, so we sure are enjoying that part of the cold.   :-)


Send more snow!  Not ice... SNOW!


I have taken a little break for blogging for a few days and will likely take a bit more time.  I have been re-evaluating my life and attitude.  I don't like what I am seeing, but I am working through it.  This life has been difficult on me but that is no reason to take it out on others.  So, with that being said, I am stepping back, taking a good look at myself, shaking off and redirecting.  I am sorry to those that have been in the path, and I promise to get headed in the right direction.  I have no excuse except that I need to get my head out of my last...


I am taking this time from the internet and really working to get everything headed in the right direction and find my good attitude again.  I am embarrassed that it got misplaced and I sounded off on here.  When, oh when, will I ever learn?  


In another week+ we will be on our way back to Singapore.  Am I ready?  I surely am ready to see my friends over there again and get on with the life we have been dealt on that end.  All other will fall into place around me - I know it.  I am counting on it.  Somehow this will all work out in the wash.  Today, I am putting it all aside and moving on, hopefully learning those lessons.  Missing home and friends in the states is the biggest obstacle to overcome...  and difficult to leave.  I have been awfully quiet the last few days.


Until then, may your days ahead be blessed and may 'twenty ten' be your year of good fortune.  See you again soon!

2 comments:

Noelle Reese said...

Happy New Year my friend! Stay warm!

Leone Fabre said...

am so glad 2009 is well and truly over for you ...... not trying to rush along the years, but you gotta admit 2009 was pretty damn lousy!

But I just know that 2010 is going to be fantastic, so get your butt back here mighty quick so we can start to enjoy it together.

Luvs ya. xx