Thursday, October 15, 2009

Yes, We Can Get American Food Here :-)

So many people ask if we can get American food here. Of course we can :-)

I took a few picture today so you could enjoy a bit of our selection - please note the sizes and prices. I had to enlarge some as the pictures will not enlarge again since I am in Singapore - but you will get the idea:











This is one pound folks!























I will take more tomorrow when I have more than a 32M card. Who in the heck uses a 32M card? I accidentally picked up one of my old ones - as in antique old cards. It held 10 pictures :-(


Here are the other three it held - my lunch:

Sardiney looking fishies and Kimshee (fermented (rotten) cabbage):



Seaweed soup (yes, real seaweed):



Dolsot bibimbap - which is fried rice mixed with veggies served with a sunny-side up egg in a hot stone pot; mix in the egg while it's hot to cook it...


Stay tuned for more to come.

Now you know.

Yes, we can buy American food in Singapore, but we have to take out a loan to do it.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Oh my goodness... not sure I would swing almost $4 for a cup of yogurt either! That's insane. The Korean yogurts here are very sweet, lots of saccharine and other things that make me worry about our teeth, so we mostly avoid them.

And cheese in the local markets is also very expensive, so we avoid that too.

Oh, and the fish flavored everything including chips. Somewhere, someone missed the true meaning of fish and chips. :laugh:

Our favorite kimchi is the cucumber... just enough spice with the crunch of the cold to not kill your taste buds. lol