Tuesday, July 7, 2009

When it Rains...

... it pours - at least in our house :-(

This is not what I wanted to see when I went into the house this morning. Back to the dryers again thanks to an air con drain leak.







What fun... lol... I am telling you this is my life - when it is not one thing 'tis another. You gotta admit - it is getting quite comical now.

I did get good news today - our insurance guy asked where we wanted to stay - I suggested a nice camper and he said he would look into it - put on our property. We are looking at 2 months with a month to month option thereafter. I am going to try my best to get it done in 2 months. Wish me luck! The check is in the mail from the insurance company - he sent me an itemized list of things to be paid today; thankfully, it is a place to start.

Steve is on his way home :-) I pick him up at 5pm on Wednesday our time. Finally, I have some help with decision making.

In the meantime, I have to wait things out with this view. I know, she is wonderful.





You gotta do what you gotta do... ya know?

4 comments:

Leone Fabre said...

yep ... you gotta do what ya gotta do!

No other way around it.

It seems that when I get up in the morning the first thing I look for is a posting from you...and tis never good.

But can only be "all good lah" from now on eh??

So glad to know Steve is on his way ... a problem shared is a problem halved.

applesofgold said...

Ugh....if AC Units weren't such a blasted necessity here in Louisiana, I would have thrown ours out the window. It just isn't fair, is it? We got the carpet ripped up today and the padding removed. The insurance adjuster for our situation will be over at our house tomorrow.

I feel your pain...not as bad, but I feel it.

surprisetriplets said...

Seriously, more water? As if you needed that! I'll bet you'll be glad to see the end of this situation! I'm glad that Steve is on his way. It will be so much better to have him share the burden in person.

Pam said...

Glad there is a light at the end of the tunnel...takr all the good news you can get! As sucky as this is, I hope you can take a minute or two and enjoy the process...who knows, it might be fun picking out new stuff! =) hang in there! xoxo ~Pam