Thursday, December 4, 2008

Peek A Boo, I See You!

A Curious Guy

Tell me now -
Give me a clue.
Tell me just what
Is a name for you?

You are cute,
That much is true.
But what you are
I wish I knew…

A curious guy
You were not afraid
Put out your claw
For me you stayed.

And there I was
"Justa clickin'"
By your odd face
I was stricken.

You are not my dragon.
You are not a snake.
So what are you now
For goodness sake?
~eb 04 Dec 2008

Your Answer My Dear…

"I am a water monitor
And I may be cute
But you better run
Before I give pursuit.

I am quite curious
- Your sense is laggin’
Because I do grow up
To be your ‘dragon’.

Right now I am small
I am not very old
But when I mature
I will be quite bold.

I live near water
And have big claws
And I get much better
At using my jaws.

I am just a toddler
Of the dragon you seek
But when I grow up
I could be 9 feet!

Now a monitor I am
And dragon I’m not -
But you might think so
When put on the spot.

So you’d better run
Because you will see
That I’m very fast
Even climbing a tree!"
~eb 05 Dec 2008

1 comment:

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Great poem, Euvah! Have you seen one of these guys full grown? That would be scary. LOL