Thursday, December 11, 2008

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!


... And did it SNOW! Steve and I had to get up early to go for our physicals in a Lafayette - a city 1 hour and 15 minutes away. We had heard there was a chance for flurries; maybe some sleet mix as well.

Was I ever excited when a few minutes into our trip - we were blessed with SNOW in south Louisiana! That seldom happens in our area - in fact, we have lived here for 31 years and it has snowed exactly 5 times counting today. WHOOO HOOOO! When it snows, it is actually very spotty - we might get a couple of inches and 5 miles away might get flurries. It is never widespread.

Yes, yes, of COURSE I special ordered it - I always do! In the winter, I always say "Send Snow!" on my e-mails as a tongue in cheek giggle, knowing it will never happen. So today I was elated - I got to bask in the joy of the flakes all the way to the Drs office - with Steve shaking his head in disbelief. I am so in love with snow - he rolls his eyes at my excitement. We actually even had an accumulation:








Here is a picture at the Drs office just before we walked in:


And hours later, after they finally released us from all our tests:


As you can see, it did not last long. When Steve and I came out, the temperature was already nearly 50 degrees - and it is supposed to be much warmer tomorrow. Yep, that is the way it goes here; it never lasts, but it sure stirs up the emotions when we are blessed with it. Every single person that we saw was excited. Kids 13 years old, who had never seen snow, had their parents waking them at 5am to go build a snowman. What a magical feeling snow brings to us in south Louisiana; spirits are lifted and everyone is laughing.


FYI; the physicals went well - both of us are destined to live a long time. Each of our EKG's, arterial echoes, and stress tests results were great. Now we wait on the blood work. I am always leery of that - and most of you know why... that silly C - reactive protein issue. The Dr today skeered me (yes I know skeered is not a real word ;) even more that the last one - she referred me to MD Anderson in Houston (or an equally large teaching hospital) to a Hem Oncology (?) Dr - not because I have blood cancer, but because she said that I need to go to a large teaching hospital and that a Hem Oncologist (?) would have the best chance of finding out the cause of my outrageous reading. She recommended MD Anderson because she assured me they WOULD find the problem.


We all know I have been to every freaking other kind of Dr out there. She also insists it is "urgent" (her words) that I find an answer right away... again, it is the highest reading this Dr has ever seen ~ surprise, surprise huh? Man have I heard that before.

35 years and counting - and still living to hear it.

UGH.

Subject change:

IT SNOWED!

YES!!!

Thank you for blessings of winter magic.

I love snow... didja know that?

1 comment:

surprisetriplets said...

Yay! We're supposed to get snow tonight and the kids are waiting anxiously for it. They've been singing "Let it Snow" for days now in the hopes it will help. There's not even any snow in the pass to speak of, but that will change tonight!

I love having you closer. The world seems more right somehow when you're where you're supposed to be...

Love,Shari