Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Peaceful Travels









































































I must say, life has been extremely stressful for a week now. Going back to Oklahoma for the shipment of the last unit, the wedding, the stress surrounding the wedding, the hurt feelings, the sheer exhaustion, the hint of the 'shock factor' Steve tossed my way, no one to hug away the fright, and I feel just so very alone. Steve understands. He is right there with me - when he is not in Korea or another adventure. Things are changing drastically in our lives and our July 1, 2011 freedom date is fast approaching. Lots of decisions need to be made and we are in turmoil about them - but they will get made and we will be fine. Even with all the stress, most days life is good. Even if it is confusing, it is good.
After the wedding, I needed a mental break to collect my thoughts and regroup to come home. I decided to let my GPS bring me home and I think it senses where I would like to go. Even though I have taken this track a bazillion times, some days it just takes me a different way - like I need to just see a different perspective. This time, after the storms in Oklahoma, it sent me west across the northeast part of Texas - straight through miles and miles of wildflowers. Every color imaginable and I was blessed with seeing them all. Being in no rush, needing time to sort my thoughts it was a wonderful break. I stopped leisurely and took pictures as I felt the need. 
Finally, I sat and thanked God for the opportunity to witness His gifts and I remembered why I love to travel. There are so many things He has given me to see and experience. Whatever He has planned, I will do my best to accept as an adventure. Even if I am scared out of my mind, this experience today reminded me He is in charge and He will take care of us.

Just look at the beautiful flowers - how can I not feel at peace?

2 comments:

stefani said...

Very pretty flowers. I really like those red and yellow ones. I have never seen any like those before. I think the purple flowers with just the one yellow one is a cool shot too. :)

BLJ Graves Studio said...

great photos! Very pretty.

Lisa