Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Our Anniversary

We hung pictures for them


Steve fixed the DVD player and rerouted the wiring for them

He put up the bird house he made them


We got to see their 'new' combine - look at the size of that baby!


My all time favorite farm machine of his - the Steiger

Now don't get me wrong, I must say the new combine is becoming a very close favorite, but I love this Steiger! It is always fun to go visit Steve's mom and Rod, and it was no different this weekend. We went to put up the bird house that Steve made, and did some other things they needed done as well. Rod bought a 'new' combine - well new to him - and oh, how I love those big farm machines! I alway just stand in awe of them. The size is just astounding. Do you see the Magnum (SUV) next to the machines??

It was our 31st anniversary. Not what I would have chosen as my perfect anniversary date, but we still had a nice time. If we would have done something different, it would have slowed our progression to get home - finally home. Steve needed to put up the bird house, so we went to do that instead of going somewhere else- just the two of us. We did get to go to Lucille's steakhouse for supper though and it was delicious!

Only two more days and we get to move home :-) After 14 months it is time to finally go back - the two of us together. What a change it will be!

Steph ordered crawfish for us for Saturday. mmmmm... cannot wait for that! There are a thousand things I like about south Louisiana, and that is one of them. Now the heat?? Well, I can do without that... lol'

I will keep waiting on that special anniversary trip - the cruise we were supposed to take on our 30th? Never came. Nor on the 31st. But I am so happily married, that those are only pebbles in our path. I am so blessed having my precious hubby. We may never take that cruise, but we will always be in love with each other - and that is what really matters.

No comments: