Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A New Family Member - A CALF!!

Remember Bertha?  The one we said was so HUGE?  She was further along than our other cows - she had a calf last night!  Steve went out to feed my chickens and checked on the cattle.  He found an extra set of legs climbing over the wood pile. He initially thought it was a dog, but when he looked closer - it was a new calf.  We are grandmooparents!  YIPPEE!

Here - we think it is a boy, but we are not yet sure.  Check 'him' out!







What a way to end the first week of retirement!


How is that going?  LOTS OF PAPERWORK, setting up a new computer, PAPERWORK, financial crap, PAPERWORK, Facebooking, and more paperwork.

I have been pondering why it doesn't feel 'real' to me...

Then I realized that Steve was there for all the chitter chatter about retiring with his buddies...

And he was the one that received, read through and turned in the retirement paperwork...

He was there for the last day and the chitter chatter with fellow workers...

And he is the one that has fielded all the "RETIRED!" phone calls... 

He is the one that has been congratulated over and over... 

He is the one that can now sleep in and not race to work every day... 


And what happened in my life?

Nothing has changed!

No celebration...

No trip....

No vacation to enjoy retirement... 

Not even a date night...

No big "HALLELUJAH!!" 

Nada...


Nothing in my life has changed.


Except he doesn't go to work.

Now I understand the anticlimax... 

My disassociation with his retirement...


I thought there would be a weeks worth of celebration of one sort or another!

But

Nothing in my life has changed.  

POOT!


EXCEPT  we have a baby calf to enjoy!  


2 comments:

1writingservice.com said...

He is so tiny in comparison with older family members. It is really hard to believe that he will grow and become huge and dangerous)

Bianca Baker said...

Very nice posst