Thursday, May 29, 2014

Poor Clara!

Clara has been broody, which means she has been sitting on eggs and waiting for a clutch to hatch.  What she didn't know, is that I had put wooden eggs under her in hopes that I would get a few day old chicks to stuff under her and let her raise.  

Well, my day old chicks ended up coming in at a week old.  She took one look at them and pecked at their little heads and made no bones about not accepting them.  She. Would. NOT.

So I removed the wooden eggs from under her, but she sat for two more days.  Then she decided since the eggs were gone, and the chicks - well she wasn't havin' them - so she got up and stomped out of the hen house.

Two days later, she lays an EGG:


See her egg?  The eggs behind Clara's egg are normal sized!


So I decided I needed to measure her EGG:


YEEOWWW!  Yeah, it is a big egg!  

I bet it is a double yolk. 

Don't need it today, but when I crack it, I will let you know.

What do you think?  Double?  Single?

This is what I think...

Poor Clara!

No comments: