Thursday, August 2, 2012

Aedan's First Day at Granny and Papa's

I went to California and picked up Aedan yesterday!  I returned to Oklahoma with Aedan yesterday!  Aedan and I had an easy trip - we visited and colored the entire way.  However, at one point as we were coming into Denver, our plane got struck by lightning!  It didn't hurt, and it didn't scare us - we were just like WHOA!!  There was a huge POP! when the plane was struck and Aedan looked to me for guidance.  I immediately took the papa action, "BOOM!  THUNDER!" and laughed - reassured, he said, "That was LOUD!"  and laughed as well!  We were all okay then.  Here he is just before he hopped on the first plane. 


Hasn't he grown??  LOVE that his dad gave him a cool hairdo - he always gave himself one too!   Yes, he had ketchup for lunch - and what boy doesn't get it all over themselves?  Aedan is no exception!   He wears it proudly!


When we left Denver, the pilot forewarned us that we would be going through 20 minutes of thunderstorms on the way up and to "hang on!"  Mr Aedan takes everything quite literally - he hung on!  And the look on his face is not 'scared' - it is 'don't interrupt me, I am watching my show!'



And now he is playing with his Aunt Stephenie and daddy's toys:


Granny knew she kept them around for a reason!  


Reminds me of some other little guys that played with the same toys, only they found a different way to play with them:



Aedan tried to play outside, but it is already too hot.  He came in with sweat beads, grabbed a pair of scissors and went to work making snowflakes - which, by the way, I thought was a terrific idea!  Here he is paused after he accidentally cut his finger (a teeny tiny cut)...



but he finished up and... 


We have SNOWFLAKES!



But our weather station says something different is happening outside that window at 1pm:


Last night on the way home from the airport, the pilot came across the loud speaker to tell us the updated Tulsa weather conditions.  He informed us the weather at 10:40 pm had cooled off to a mere 103 degrees.  Yes, at 10:40pm.  And that is all I have to say about that... 


I have roasted and canned more tomatoes and peppers - this is the last day's pickens:



The sad thing is, if we don't get rain soon our garden will be all dried up and I won't have to worry about canning or freezing anymore.  The only grassy stuff green around is the drain field for our septic system... 


That rain cloud did us absolutely no good - we did not get a drop, but south of us did!  If you look very closely, you can see everything around the drain fields is very crispy brown.  The poor horses are struggling with the lack of green and fresh.  I have put my order in for cool and rain, but I think I need to ask you to send cool and rain!  The delivery service has not yet delivered.  Can you do any better?

Off to play with the grandson - LOVE having this little guy all to myself.  He is amazing!

Hmmm, what a coincidence - ALL of our grandkids are amazing!


3 comments:

Carey said...

oh! I remember those toys! And Aeden has gotten so big! He looks so much like Jeremy! :)

Alex said...

He really does love paper crafts :) looks like he's having fun out there.

Red said...

Yes he is and yes they are!