Monday, May 14, 2012

Remember the 'Old Days'?

I love old things.  I love old ways.  I think I was born in the wrong generation, but I make the most of it.  I stopped by a garage sale that had an entire set of brand new dishes that I loved.  Of course, they were old.

I noticed this box first:



When I opened to box to see the dishes, they had a sweet old timey charm about them:



 They were a dollar a box - how could I leave them?  


I brought them home, wondering how Steve would react to more 'stuff'.  When he came in and saw them, he actually liked them as well.  As it turned out, one box had been opened and resealed.  As we were unpacking them, we had a blast looking at the newspaper ads:







And the best one yet!  A new Volkswagen for only $1710!!
 

Little stuffs makes me smile!

My dishes are in my china cabinet looking at me every day.  Yes, I love them, and I don't know why - and the papers made he happy too.

Remember the old days?  Do you smile thinking of them?


3 comments:

Cajunrose said...

What year was the newspaper from?

cajunsis said...

1961 :-) Cool, huh?

Cajunrose said...

Man..that's like...ancient!!