Monday, March 5, 2012

Early Morning Calls

Steve is getting ready to go to work this morning and my cell phone rings... I see it is 'Stephenie' calling me.  If you know Steph like I do, you know she is not willingly calling me at 7 am.  I snatch up the phone in a panic and answer it.  

On the other end on the phone, I hear this horribly, pitiful, sickly child voice... "Granny?  Hello?"

Alert, I greet her and ask if she is ok... obviously she isn't - she is sick.

"No, granny.  I am sick."

"What is wrong punkin'?  What makes you so sick?"

"My head hurts very bad.  It hurts to turn my eyes."

"Oh no, sweetie!  That sounds horrible!"

"It is, granny, and my throat hurts too.  It scratches.  A lot!"

"You sound like you may be having an allergy attack."

"Yeap, I think I am sick.  My tummy is even hurting, but my head hurts the baddest."

"Head hurts worse, punkin'.  So you have a bad headache, a sore throat and a tummy ache...  Did you tell mommy?"

"No, granny, mommy is sleeping."  (so she calls granny who is 750+ miles away.  *heart throbs*)

"Punkin', you need to tell mommy you are sick!"

"Grannnny, I SAID mommy is SLEEPING!"

"But mommy wants to know when you are sick punkin' so she can give you some TLC!"

"Yeah... I know, granny.  Wait, granny?  What is TLC?"

"It is the initials for tender loving care, punkin' - do you need tender loving care?"

"Yeah, and some Tylen-mol because my head hurts really, really,bad."

"Ok, punkin', go wake mommy so she can give you some medicine."

"Ok granny,  and some TLC... I love you. Bye!"

"Bye baby.  Call me later."

"Ok."


And then from her mommy... "She hovered over me and when I finally woke and focused my eyes, she said "my granny said you need to get up and give me tlc"


Those are the moments you live for.  Gotta love those grandbabies...

They are the reason we let our kids live, right?

1 comment:

Cajunrose said...

Too cute...she didn't need her mommy as much as she just needed her granny apparently. :) Glad you were there for her...it would have been nice if you were there for her for about another hour or so..lol