Friday, July 15, 2011

Just in Case...

... you are wondering, it is OURS!  We have finally closed on our house!  

Here is what has happened in the last week; we raced to Louisiana to get the last of our loot, spent the night and raced back - that is 10.5 hours each way.  We have unpacked, worked on the house, added a few things we wanted to add and unpacked some more.  No family in their right mind should have as much stuff as we do.  Heck, no wonder we missed it!  And we are still unpacking!  But the good news is, it is now all in one place - our place!

Steve finally got all the insurance stuff done and we were able to close on the house at 4 pm on Tuesday.   We are so proud that it is ours now!  We are both super excited and amazed we have finally got what we have dreamed about for years and years- and it is beautiful!  We have had inspectors here and workers here milling about.  Some of the things they have said are; "You have an island oasis here - it is beautiful!", "This property has got to be a slice of heaven - it is gorgeous!", and "I wish I had found this first - I would be living here - not you!"  Lol... yes, it is indeed beautiful and relaxing - and yes, it is ours.  WHOOT!

We finish our (very hot) evenings sitting outside waiting on the critters to start moving.  We have seen nearly a dozen deer on the property.... it is amazing to watch them!  2 nights ago, I was looking out of our bedroom door and saw 5 distinct shadows going across our back yard.  I raced through the house, grabbed a flashlight and out the back door.  I flipped it on and startled a family of coons!  They ran to a nearby tree, mom climbed it but most of the teeny rascals were too little to climb so they were only a few feet up the tree.  Shining the flashlight towards it, I could see all kinds of little eyes peeking out from behind it - if I could have taken a picture it would have been adorable!  I didn't have my camera and it was at night so I don't think it would have done it justice - but suffice it to say it made me giggle.  Steve and I sat out on the patio in the dark and had a coon come up to eat Princess Cost a Lot's food.  It was just a few feet from us - it was all I could do to keep from laughing at it.  It kept looking up from the food an looking around for people - but we were sitting so still it had no idea we WERE people!  Steve had one come up to him a few nights ago and get on its haunches right by his knee and look him straight in the eye - then it realized Steve was a PEOPLE and nearly had a heart attack trying to get away!  Lol...

Steve has put my bird feeders up and I have oodles of gold finches, purple finches, hummingbirds and a kingbird or two.  There are bluebirds on the property, but I can't seem to get them to come to a feeder - however I haven't really tried that hard either.  They do fly all around and we see them daily, so soon, I shall work on getting them to the feeders.  It is so nice to watch outside the window while I work in the kitchen and see the little guys eating.  The gold finches are so colorful and chatty!

I will pull out my camera and take pictures soon.  I have been so busy trying to organize the house I haven't even taken time to play much.  The house is driving me insane (I know it is a short drive Steve) and as much as I work, I cannot seem to make it fall into place.  However, there has to be an end shortly, right?  

Anyway, I will be back and start posting regularly - it is just that so much is going on that I don't have the energy to lift a finger to type.  Heck, I gotta tell you, I seldom even come to the computer!  But don't worry - I will be back to my normal self very, very soon.  I know I keep saying it, but you just have to see what is going on to understand - too many things coming from too many directions. 

Until then, hang in there!

Oh, and take a gander at what has been going on... guess I forgot to mention I have taken a few pictures... lol...  I am not posting any explanations, but I think you can figure it all out - it is life in Podunkville! 



















2 comments:

Noelle Reese said...

I love it CONGRATS!! Now, when can I seethe scrap room?????

cajunsis said...

When I get it all organized and settled dear. I will get there soon! :-) You should come see it in person!