Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Busy as a Bee :-)

So I have not blogged since our anniversary in March. Actually, I have, I just deleted them – but I am doing this for me so here goes.

I have been working my butt off trying to get the house ready in case we have to sell it. I don’t WANT to get it ready for someone else – but I keep seeing $$ signs and telling myself this elbow grease is going to help make just a couple of extra bucks – and every little bit helps to buy the next house. It has been years since I have been so dedicated to something. I must say, even when Steve slacks, I just pick up the slack and move forward – and he follows :-) We are really making headway!

The depression is gone :-) I am faithfully taking my medicine and I am sure that is helping. I see so much of the old me coming back – it is actually a wonderful feeling! I forgot who I was and now I am beginning to remember. The thing I see most is the determination to do something and not stopping because of obstacles.

Steve and I are getting along better than we have in… well… probably since we have been married. I always knew I was lucky, but he is really appreciating what we have been through - and the sacrifices we made to get where we are. It has been a long haul – him working steadily for 30 years, with no sick/personal days and me raising our kids and helping others raise theirs. We have talked about decisions and how they impacted our lives, we have talked about our kids and siblings; our pride and disappointments, and we have talked about our future. Mostly, we have talked about our future and what we need to do to make it when he retires. We have only 3 years and 3 months and we need to get a plan together. We can’t wait any longer. We are confused, but we are trying to work through that…

My biggest accomplishment is that I have lost 38 lbs!! YIIPPPEEE! I am working really hard. If Steve can quit smoking and walk with me, I can lose all the weight I need to. We walk 2.5 miles every morning and I have even done it when he was gone. I am beginning to feel inches melting away – and for the first time in my life, I am not scared. Thanks Lisa! You have really helped me accept myself and have pride in me :-)

More later – off to paint some more.

No comments: